Thursday, June 25, 2009

International Expert comes to Sunshine Coast


After a two year fascination with Paperclay I decided I would work on enticing Pioneer of Paper clay Graham Hay to Queensland and the Sunshine Coast to conduct a workshop.

The workshop sold within a matter of days so I 'enticed' Graham once again to extend his stay so a wider audience of paper clay advocates could have some time with the 'master'.

Whilst the 2nd workshop was only for a day people traveled from near and far to attend and certainlly I am sure the world of ceramics (within those that attended either of the three days) has now massively changed.

Graham suggests, throw out your rules; anything is possible. Why Bisc? Why Glaze? Why not join dry and dry clay? Why not add noodles, rice, wool and fabric. So... beware industry for ceramics and sculpture I'm sure many many perspectives have changed and you're about to see it.

I hope to coordinate another Graham Hay workshop for Queensland in 2009. I, like many others, can't get enough of his 'anything is possible' method when dealing with clay.