Friday, March 23, 2012

Another year!


Would you believe I'm only getting the time NOW to catch up on life and all the things I've wanted to do for the last few years. Finally I have my kiln, its a paragon auto and we're still getting to know each other. The studio is pretty much ready and waiting, I even hired a slab roller and have a heap of slabs waiting to be used. So... what has taken me so long, what am I waiting for? TIME! My son Oliver is 18 months now so I'm starting to get the hang of this juggling thing, he's a very busy man and the little time I have to myself when he sleeps is usually taken up with cleaning up the house and finding the kitchen.

Anyway I'm excited to be planning to get back into my ceramics, my reference books and glaze receipes are beside the bed, not sure what will be my first few pieces after such a long break but its all good. To get my hands back in the mud and fire will be fabulous. And guess what, its a new moon so all these things are happening for a reason.

I'm a great believer in making things happen for me rather than sitting around and waiting. xo