Sunday, December 2, 2012

Oh My, this year has got away from me

Thought I'd better get another post in before another year clicks over.

I have done a number of firings this year and will be doing another one this week.  ... Oh I just love loading the kiln, but love cracking it and seeing the end result even more!

This next firing will be a mixture of all sorts of things, including some glazes that I've made in my studio as well as some items from my son's daycare.  I made some tiles for the toddlers at Oliver's daycare which they had great fun decorating.  The plan is for these to be layed into a path in their play area. 

I also took some clay to our playgroup last Friday and did hand prints of all the kids there, they will be a nice Christmas present for Dads or Grandparents.

I've also been busy on the wheel trying to churn out some bowls and beakers which will be Christmas presents.  Some big salad bowls will be fired as well - trying to use up some brs.  Some piks to come.