Sunday, January 25, 2009

Quik decision to go to Quixotica


Last night I got an email advising me about a workshop over this long weekend with three Internationally renowned artists in Cooroy so I jumped at the chance to join in. I couldn't sleep I was so excited!

The talented threesome hosts were; Wanee (Kim Se Wan) referred to as The Young Korean Master who threw massive vessels on his Korean low sunk wheel, Laura McLean a Canadian who has developed an awesome method for developing a unique method for building slab Sculptural Vessels and Rowley Drysdale: an Australian Potter who unbeknownst to me (being a newby to the Sunshine Coast) is a very well respected Australian Ceramic Artist and Teacher who lives in my neck of the woods.
After lunch Laura and Wanee gave us a pictorial display of some of their previous projects and current works, I felt priviledged to have been able to meet such international talent and am looking forward to the launch of their exhibition at Fusions in Brisbane next month.
Also attending the workshop today were some very talented local artists with diverse backgrounds and driven by a variety of subject matter.
I had an awesome day and am glad to have been able to have met Rowley and see first hand his purpose built exhibition space and studio which is positioned in the most ideal tranquil bush setting. A number of other local artists utilise the artists space - it was great to observe some of their work also.
Ahhh after such an exciting and mind blowing day I think I'll sleep well tonight, no doubt Wanee, Laura and Rowley will sleep extra well after their mammoth effort this weekend. Unfortunately its raining again the and wood for the wood fired kiln will be getting wet, hopefully today will be sunny and not humid so the wood can be prepared for the fire.