Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Seeing Green

I had been spending a bit of time yesterday looking at US based ceramic artists and came across David Gilhooly's site. He has created a whole line of food items incorporating frogs. Its such a strange subject matter but awesome to see how he gets the food items (donuts, pasta, tacos - you name it!) so incredibly life like!

All these frogs reminded me of my little personal stash of tadpoles in my two backyard ponds. A gift from a friend Alan who breeds beautiful Green Frogs. Upon a really hard look I was able to find two tiny little frogs, they would be no bigger than your thumb nail and as you can see easily camouflaged.
I'm really taking notice of things that inspire me and asking myself why, is it the colour, the texture or the emotion it brings.