Monday, July 20, 2009

Australian Ceramics Triennale

As if the Printing on Clay workshop in Mittagong wasn't enough for my brain, why not totally emerse myself whilst in NSW so.. thats what I did. I attended the last day of the Ceramics Triennale and didn't I have an awesome time!

The presentations we incredibly informative on subjects close to my heart such as working in the disability sector for therapeutic reasons as well as the fun challenges of exhibiting.

Noosa's very own Rowley Drysale sat on the Value of Exhibitions panel with Curator Peter Haynes and Gallery owner Helen Stephens which was chaired by the whitty and well travelled Janet Mansfield. Rowley's presentation about exhibiting for artists was bl**dy hilarious.

I also chatted with a few of my heros and put faces to some names I have been following for some time. Another presentation I really enjoyed was the Ceramic Passport presented by a number of artists who have attended residencies in China, Egypt, and France. This is certainlly a goal of mine one day.