Friday, May 22, 2009

gotta get me a kiln


I'm feeling a little disappointed today, yesterday I was due to install my peacock in the Brisbane Botanic Gardens Sculptors Qld exhibition. I knew it would be tight to get it done and unfortunately due to the rain, the last (and most crucial) firing couldn't happen. Note to self - don't leave things to the last minute!

I guess one good thing is that come Monday, Tuesday I'll have a piece to enter in the next exhibition that comes up. I had my tool kit for the installation waiting by the door yesterday only to hear the firing didn't take place.
So... I'm on the hunt for a kiln. So far I've been offered a three phase kiln but we don't really have enough space for that and whilst I could certainally fill it regularly, I think I'd rather start with something a little smaller.